Nuts are healthy to have. The more you have the better. Doctors recommend them as your daily diet. Young or old, eating nuts is very beneficial. There are different nuts and hazelnuts are one of them.
Why eat hazelnuts?
- There are several reasons why doctors recommend hazelnuts.
- Here are few of them:
- Hazelnuts reduce one’s weight
- They keep the heart healthy
- It neutralizes defects in babies
- Prevents anemia
- Improve the bone mineral content and keep the bones in good shape
- Magnesium in hazelnuts keep the skeleton system strong
- They boost up brain power
- Help in treating osteoporosis
- Helps in fighting diabetes
It is quite evident that consuming hazelnuts is indeed good for health. Yet, we need to know more about hazelnuts to be able to realize why these must be incorporated in one’s diet.
Additional benefits of hazelnuts:
- Fights heart disease.
- Lowers LDL Cholesterol.
- Increases HDL cholesterol, which is considered to be the good cholesterol.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Improves lipids.
- Helps in brain diseases such as Alzheimer, dementia, and Parkinson.
- Boosts metabolism.
- Good digestive enzymes.
- Keeps the hair and skin healthy.
Know more about hazelnuts…..
Hazelnuts can be good and most nutrient-rich based snacks that one can tastily add to one’s diet. We tend to eat fatty foods which need to be avoided if one is obese. Hazelnuts can be a good substitute and one easily avoid fatty foods. Hazelnuts are indeed very filling as well as delicious and nutritious. Sometimes called filbert nuts, hazelnuts are a good option because these worth eating. They are considered to be super-foods. They may be expensive but are worth having.
People usually hesitate to have nuts as they feel they are fattening and have lots of calories; but this is not so as they contain a lot of protein, unsaturated fats, fiber along with several essential vitamins and minerals. Hazelnuts can battle one’s heart disease as well as diabetes and boost up one’s brain function and also one can lose weight.
How can one have hazelnuts?
- They can be had as raw and roasted or in a paste to be put in a prepared dish.
- Hazelnut spread.
- Add to a chocolate.
- Hazel not used in coffee as well as pastries.
- It is garnished for desserts as well as savory dishes.
One should make a conscious effort to keep good health. These days people tend to have fast foods as they find it difficult to cook a wholesome meal. Nevertheless, this is not a healthy trend and it is better to think about consuming healthy foods by cooking a healthy meal. Why compromise on food and that too on healthy foods? One must always try to maintain good health at any cost.
Hazelnuts are very delicious and healthy too.They make a dish tasty and provide ingredients that will enable you to maintain your health. Daily consumption of hazelnuts is a must but in moderation.
Also Read: Why have Macadamia Nuts?
One ounce (28 grams) of hazelnuts contain about:
- 176 calories
- 4.7 grams carbohydrates
- 4.2 grams protein
- 17 grams fat
- 2.7 grams fiber
- 1.7 milligrams manganese (86 percent DV)
- 31.6 micrograms folate (8 percent DV)
- 4 micrograms vitamin K (5 percent DV
- 0.5-milligram copper (24 percent DV)
- 45.6 milligrams magnesium (11 percent DV)
- 4.2 milligrams vitamin E (21 percent DV)
- 0.2-milligram thiamine (12 percent DV)
- 0.2-milligram vitamin B6 (8 percent DV)
- 81.2 milligrams phosphorus (8 percent DV)
- 1.3 milligrams iron (7 percent DV)
- 190 milligrams potassium (5 percent DV)
- 0.7-milligram zinc (5 percent DV)
It is but obvious that hazelnuts are indeed very tasty and also contain healthy nutrients. One must have more of them as one will feel healthy and also enjoy their taste. Unlike fast foods which taste good but are not healthy, hazelnuts taste good and are also healthy too. Try them out and see for yourself!